Registration for WHO 2020 opens in September.
A user profile should be created by the delegation leader only, who is the person responsible for all communication with WHO 2019. Debaters cannot serve as delegation leaders. After you create a user profile, you’ll be able to enter and edit information for every delegate until the registration deadline Please make sure you confirm your registration in time as we are unable to guarantee your delegation’s spot at the tournament if you don’t.
Payments can be made to the Croatian Debate Society bank account (payment details listed on your invoice) or through PayPal.
Please bear in mind that your accommodation is not confirmed until you create your invoice and pay 50% of your delegation’s total registration fee until the deadline.
Here are some things you should keep in mind when registering for WHO:
- Teams can have 3-5 members.
- All team members have to be high school/ secondary level students at the time of the tournament.
- Delegations can register up to 4 teams – all additional teams are wait-listed by default.
- Every participating delegation is required to assign a delegation leader, either an adjudicator or an observer, responsible for all communication with WHO organizers. All delegation leaders and adjudicators have to be at least 18 years old and have to have graduated from high school by December 14th. Please take care to notify us of any changes regarding your delegation through delegation leader only.
- We are observing the N-1 rule, which means every participating delegation is required to register at least one judge less than the number of teams they’re registering (i.e. 1 team/1 judge or observer, 2 teams/ 1 judge, 3 teams/ 2 judges, etc.). If an adjudicator cannot be provided, the teams will have to pay an additional fee of 55€ to cover for an extra judge.
- Judges will need to submit a short summary of their relevant debating and/or judging experience.
- December is high season in Zagreb. To illustrate, 98% of rooms listed on booking.com were booked during WHO 2017. Due to high demand single rooms are subject to availability, so the ones we have at our disposal will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Additionally, we are not able to guarantee accommodation for additional delegation members or teams seeking to register after the deadline. Please keep this in mind and register your delegation in time.
- Teams will be required to pay registration fees in full by November 1st. Payment instructions will be sent to heads of delegations with the invoice. 50% of the fee will be refundable up to November 20th. Please note that delegations are expected to cover any transaction charges which may apply when they make the payment to WHO 2019. Please wait until your invoice is approved before you start with the payment(s)
- When making a payment for WHO, please include your delegation in the payment description.
If you’re having trouble finding an adult to accompany you or adjudicate for your team, please contact us and we’ll try to find a solution.
Our team cap is 86.
Here’s the outline of the selection key if we exceed the team cap:
All teams registered under a delegation will be ranked according to the order of registration (Team A, Team B, Team C, etc.) A teams from all delegations are registered first, followed by B teams, C teams and so on. In the event there are more registered teams applied than we can reasonably accommodate, remaining spots will be given on a first register, first serve basis.